Poem where the mind is without fear, written by renowned Bengali poet, novelist and educator “Rabindranath Tagore” of pre-independent era of India. This is one of the poems from his literature known as Geetanjali-meaning: Geet-Song and Anjali-Offering. Combining these words it means GEETANJALI- Offering of Song. This was initially a Bangoli publication, which was later on translated into English by Rabindranath Tagore.
Poem by Rabindranath Tagore where the mind is without fear
Simplified Meaning of the Poem where the mind is without fear
- Here he means when you are fighting for your rights with a pure soul, you need to be fearless, self loving and self respecting.
- In the old times, the country was discriminated against by castism and racism. Hence he appeals to the public to break the narrow wall with the power of education, which should be free for everyone without discrimination.
- He is yelling from the depth of his heart, and people are continuously striving towards perfection.
- Here he says clarity of thought has not been lost in the dreary desert sand of dead habit.
- He wants his countrymen to grow in all respects to broaden their mindset. He wants his country to wake up in the heaven of freedom.
- He prays for his country to wake up with the light of knowledge, prosperity and freedom.
- – Rabindranath Tagore