Desert quotes: The desert is a vast and mysterious place. It can be both beautiful and deadly, and it holds a special allure for those who love nature. If you’re one of those people, then you’ll appreciate the desert quotes in this article.
We are nature-loving creatures. We love to explore nature, whether it is a waterfall, mountain ranges, sun rise, sun set or even desert. You will find fabulous desert quotes, desert sayings and streams in the desert quotes in this article for nature lovers.
Beauty of the Desert Quotes
- “Everything that ever happened to me that was important happened in the desert.” ― Michael Ondaatje
- “On your journey to your dream, be ready to face oasis and deserts. In both cases, don’t stop” ― Paulo Coelho
- “What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “No wonder the film industry started in the desert in California where, like all desert dwellers, they dream of their buildings, rather than designing them.”- Arthur Erickson
- “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
- “The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir
- “Once again there was the desert, and that only.” ― Stephen King. Desert quotes!
- “Any thoughts of guilt, any feelings of regret, had faded. The desert had baked them out.” ― Stephen King
- “You should not see the desert simply as some faraway place of little rain. There are many forms of thirst.”- William Langewiesche
- “If you spend enough time in the desert, you will hear it speak.” ― Nnedi Okorafor
- “In the desert, the only god is a well.” ― Vera Nazarian. Desert quotes!
Streams in the Desert Quotes
- “If you want water, do not go to desert…” ― Alen Sargsyan
- “In the empire of desert, water is the king and shadow is the queen.” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “Never thank anybody for anything, except a drink of water in the desert – and then make it brief.”- Gene Fowler. Desert quotes!
- “A man in a desert can hold absence in his cupped hands, knowing it is something that feeds him more than water.” ― Michael Ondaatje
- “The desert still has a memory of water. And that memory is a living thing. It is infused into the sand. It is part of its essence.” ― Thomas Lloyd Qualls
- “It is poetic and lyrical; words that spill forth like cool waters into the dusty dry rock bed of the Soul desiring love. It has been said that I’ve lived in the desert all my life and do not know what it means to be wet.” ― H. Raven Rose
- “Water, water, water….There is no shortage of water in the desert but exactly the right amount , a perfect ratio of water to rock, water to sand, insuring that wide free open, generous spacing among plants and animals, homes and towns and cities, which makes the arid West so different from any other part of the nation.” ― Edward Abbey
- “The field of the soul must be watered by the rain with tears of love; otherwise it will become a desert.” ― Sorin Cerin. Desert quotes!
Soothing Desert Quotes
- “We are all travelers in the desert of life and the best we can find in our journey is an honest friend.”- Robert Louis Stevenson
- “A desert is a place without expectation.” ― Nadine Gordimer. Desert quotes!
- “The desert tells a different story every time one ventures on it.” ― Robert Edison Fulton Jr
- “The desert has its holiness of silence, the crowd its holiness of conversation.”- Walter Elliot
- “You can’t fight the desert… you have to ride with it.” ― Louis L’Amour. Desert quotes!
- “Some of the evil of my tale may have been inherent in our circumstances. For years we lived anyhow with one another in the naked desert, under the indifferent heaven.”- T. E. Lawrence
- “Being in the desert was brilliant and it was hard.” ― Toni Collette. Desert quotes!
Read More……..81 Cloud Quotes Teach Us To Keep Moving In Life
Quotes about Desert Beauty
- “Polish comes from the cities; wisdom from the desert.” ― Frank Herbert
- “Madness plants mirror the desert. I find the means frightening. “- Floriano Martins
- “Let those desert places in our hearts bloom.” ― Pope Francis. Desert quotes!
- “Books are … oases in the deserts of time.” ― Lawrence Clark Powell
- “Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars – mere globs of gas atoms. I, too, can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more?”- Richard P. Feynman
- “I’ve come to believe that everyone who reaches the best that life holds for him reaches it through some Desert of Waiting.” ― Annie Fellows Johnston
- “When you’re in the desert, you look into infinity…. It makes you feel terribly small, and also in a strange way, quite big.” ― David Lean
Read Also……………55 Get Inspiration From Most Beautiful lake Quotes
Inspiring Desert Quotes
- “The deeds of men, as footprints in the desert. Nothing under the circling moons is fated to last. Even the sun goes down.” ― Guy Gavriel Kay
- “The desert sharpened the sweet ache of his longing, amplified it, gave shape to it in sere geology and clean slant of light.” ―Jon Krakauer
- “It is the character of a brave and resolute man not to be ruffled by adversity and not to desert his post”- Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “So it always is: when you escape to a desert the silence shouts in your ear.” ― Graham Greene. Desert quotes!
- “To say nothing is out here is incorrect; to say the desert is stingy with everything except space and light, stone and earth is closer to the truth.” ― William Least Heat-Moon
- “The people who were honored in the Bible were the false prophets. It was the ones we call the prophets who were jailed and driven into the desert, and so on.”- Noam Chomsky
- “In a heartbeat, he understands why religions are born on the sands – there is nothing here for a man but his own mind.” ― Sara Sheridan
Short Desert Quotes
- “True understanding lies beyond the desert” ― Bangambiki Habyarimana
- “He felt the urge to go into the desert to see if its silence held the answers to his questions. “- Paulo Coelho
- “Nobody ever takes from the desert anything but aridity and monsters.” ― John Geddes
- “I’m standing in the desert, waiting for my ship to come in.” ― Sheryl Crow
- “Any thoughts of guilt, any feelings of regret had faded. The desert had baked them out. “- Stephen King
- “Desert, in general, is a very good place to find yourself. Or lose yourself.” ― Maynard James Keenan
- “If you sing of beauty though alone in the heart of the desert you will have an audience.” ― Khalil Gibran
- “They defended the grains of sand in the desert to the last drop of their blood.”- Gamal Abdel Nasser
- “Full many a flower is born to blush unseen and waste its sweetness on the desert air.” ― Paul Hoffman
- “Night comes to the desert all at once, as if someone turned off the light.” ― Joyce Carol Oates
- “A forest is a mystery but the desert is the truth. Life pared to the bone.” ― Keith Miller
- “The desert sky is encircling, majestic, terrible.” ― Paul Shepard
- “The desert is a capricious lady, and sometimes she drives men crazy.” ― Paulo Coelho
- “Without music, life is a journey through a desert.” ― Pat Conroy
- “The sand doesn’t care if you’re made of flesh or stone.” ― Joaquin Lowe
- “The desert’s an old dream of the sea.” ― Holly Ringland. Desert quotes!
- “The immense desert, empty as a bird’s wing, inspired him with promise.” ― Mike Bond
Walking in the Desert Quotes
- “This is the sense of the desert hills, that there is enough room and time enough” ―Mary Hunter Austin
- “The desert doesn’t care who you are and neither does anyone or anything who lives in it. “- Deanne Stillman
- “There were no lies here. All fancies fled away. That’s what happened in all deserts. It was just you, and what you believed.” ― Terry Pratchett
- “I left a piece of my soul that will always rightfully belong in the desert.” ― M.B. Dallocchio
- “You can’t totally rebel, otherwise you have to go live on your own, on a desert island. It’s as simple as that.”- Patrick McGoohan
- “Even in the most barren desert one would still feel one’s heart beating.” ― Marty Rubin
- “This creed of the desert seemed inexpressible in words, and indeed in thought.” ― T. E. Lawrence
- “Desert and reward seldom keep company.”- Unknown
Desert Quotes for Instagram
- “The breeze across the desert as the light died was so sweet she could almost drink it.” ― Mike Bond
- “The desert is a natural extension of the inner silence of the body.” ― Jean Baudrillard
- “From the desert I come to thee, On a stallion shod with fire; And the winds are left behind In the speed of my desire.”- Bayard Taylor
- “Magic of the shadows can best be seen in the deserts.” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan. Desert quotes!
- “No law. No order. No time or space. Danger was the desert’s breath, and the landscape changed with every wind.” ― Zita Steele
- “If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.”- Milton Friedman
- “The desert, when the sun comes up… I couldn’t tell where heaven stopped and the Earth began.” ― Tom Hanks
- “The desert lay in wait, more infinite than God, no less remote.” ― Debora Greger
- “I can speak to my soul only when the two of us are off exploring deserts or cities or mountains or roads.” ― Paulo Coelho
- “This creed of the desert seemed inexpressible in words, and indeed in thought.”- T. E. Lawrence
- “That’s what [she] liked about the desert, its constant relentless conflict with itself. The desert was unexpectedly beautiful and horrible at once.”
― Joy Williams
Desert Desert Everywhere
- “Anything less than the desert was a dream.” ― Kameron Hurley. Desert quotes!
- “I asked him if it were a mirage, and he said yes. I said it was a dream, and he agreed, but said it was the desert’s dream not his.” ― Neil Gaiman
- “No doubt you are wondering what you will find out there. The Commandant said it to me. Well it would be useless for me to try and tell you. The desert tells a different story every time one ventures on it… “- Robert Edison Fulton Jr. Desert quotes!
- “Madness plants mirrors in the desert.”― Floriano Martins. Desert quotes!
- “Men had always been the reciters of poetry in the desert.” ― Michael Ondaatje
- “Let the desert wind cool your aching head. Let the weight of the world drift away instead” ― Beck
- “I shivered in those solitudes when I heard the voice of the salt in the desert.” ― Pablo Neruda
- “The desert mocked the map-makers.” ― Dean F. Wilson. Desert quotes!
- “Noontime here is like a drug. The light is psychedelic, the dry electric air narcotic. To me the desert is stimulating, exciting, exacting” ― Edward Abbey
- “Desert is simply that: an ecstatic critique of culture, an ecstatic form of disappearance.” ― Jean Baudrillard
Read Also………51 I Need You Quotes To Express Your Love
Unique Desert Instagram Captions
- “She thirsted for love, but found only a mirage. Some hearts are a desert you can die wandering in.” ― John Mark Green
- What draws us into the desert is the search for something intimate in the remote. – Edward Abbey
- A mesa loomed up, spare and craggy. It was striped with horizontal layers: a vein of crimson, a seam of granite, a stratum of chalk. – Abby Geni
- I’m never, ever happier than when I’m in the desert. ~ Jeremy Clarkson. Desert quotes!
- I have always loved the desert. One sits down on a desert sand dune, sees nothing, hears nothing. Yet through silence something throbs, and gleams… – Antoine de Saint
- If you would know the world go into a desert and study your own heart. – Austin O’Malley
- “In the desert of the heart, tears do not touch the ground.” ― Charles de Leusse. Desert quotes!
Sunset in the Desert Quotes
- “I knew I was a grain of sand in the vast desert that never ended and he was a sparkling star in the sky.” ― Aleena Yasin
- “I need you like the desert needs rain. Like the breathless need air, like the flowers need sunshine. I need you from the first chapter of my love story to the last.”- Unknown
- You cannot blame the Sahara alone for the troubles. But you should also not see the desert simply as some faraway place of little rain. There are many forms of thirst. – William Langewiesche
- “The extreme clarity of the desert light is equaled by the extreme individuation of desert life forms. Love flowers best in openness and freedom.” ― Edward Abbey
- “I love like I’m thirsty. Can I offer you a tall glass of Sahara sand?” ― Unknown
- Content can soothe, where e’er by fortune placed and can rear a garden in desert waste. – Henry Kirke White
- The desert is a place of bones, where the innards are turned out… – Vera Nazarian,
- Man is a complex being: he makes deserts bloom — and lakes die. – Gil Stern. Desert quotes!
Desert Sayings and Quotes
- What makes the desert beautiful… is that somewhere it hides a well… – Antoine de Saint. Desert quotes!
- “If my love were an ocean, there would be no more land. If my love were a desert, you would see only sand. If my love were a star- late at night, only light. And if my love could grow wings, I’d be soaring in flight.” ― Jay Asher
- “The dunes are changed by the wind, but the desert never changes. That’s the way it will be with our love for each other” ― Paulo Coelho
- “Love is wild; its whole beauty is in its wilderness. It comes like a breeze with great fragrance, fills your heart, and suddenly where there was a desert there is a garden full of flowers.” ― Osho
- “Nothing is all bad. There are very beautiful flowers in the desert amidst the spikes and thorns. Just don’t let them take over. In the garden of love there is little room for prickly things.” ― Kate McGahan
- “Too much good fortune can make you smug and unaware. Happiness should be like an oasis, the greener for the desert that surrounds it.” ― Rachel Field
- “I will fill myself with the desert and the sky. I will be stone and stars, unchanging and strong and safe. The desert is complete; it is spare and alone, but perfect in its solitude. I will be the desert.” ― Kiersten White
Desert Beauty Quotes
- God takes everyone he loves through a desert. It is his cure for our wandering hearts, restlessly searching for a new Eden. – Paul E. Miller
- Sometimes you need to spend time in an empty desert to discover how full your soul is. – Terri Guillemets
- Some say that true love is a mirage; seek it anyway, for all else is surely desert. – Robert Brault
- “Keep your hands open, and all the sands of the desert can pass through them. Close them, and all you can feel is a bit of grit.” ― Taisen Deshimaru
- “Long before I ever saw the desert I was aware of the mystical overtones which the observation of nature made audible to me. But I have never been more frequently or more vividly aware of them than in connection with the desert phenomena.” ― Joseph Wood Krutch
- “It is true that there is a scent in the desert, though there may be no flower or tree or blade of grass within miles. It is the essence of the untrodden, untarnished earth herself!” ― Rosita Forbes
- “The day here is a something without value, a mere torment suffered by living creatures as they await the night. Night is deliverance.” ― Tayeb Salih
- “Drowsing, they take the noble attitude of a great sphinx, who, in a desert land, sleeps always, dreaming dreams that have no end.” ― Charles Baudelaire
Beautiful Desert Quotes
- “You get a very different type of education if you go out to the desert, to the places of power, places where it is easy to cross over from one dimensional plane to another, where power hovers, so to speak.” ― Frederick Lenz
- “The true call of the desert, of the mountains, or the sea, is their silence – free of the networks of dead speech.” ― Freya Stark. Desert quotes!
- “Across the desolation lay a supreme indifference, the casualness of night and another day, and yet the secret intimacy of those hills, their silent consoling wonder, made death a thing of no great importance.” ― Fante J
- “The vastness of the desert frightened her. Everything looked too far away, even the cloudless sky. There was nowhere you could hide in such emptiness.” ― James Carlos Blake
- “It is like being in the desert. At first you listen to the absence of sounds and call it silence. Then suddenly you may be taken by the presence of stillness where you are one with listening itself.” ― Jean Klein
- “I saw the desert, it grew upon me. There are times, when I have sorrows, that I hunger and thirst for it.” ― Isabel Burton. Desert quotes!
- “If the desert is holy, it is because it is a forgotten place that allows us to remember the sacred. Perhaps that is why every pilgrimage to the desert is a pilgrimage to the self. There is no place to hide and so we are found.” ― Terry Tempest Williams
Water in the Desert Quotes
- “In the desert, in the pure clean atmosphere, in the silence – there you can find yourself. And unless you begin to know yourself, how can you even begin to search for God?” ― Father Dioscuros
- “All at once the desert was everywhere, and I was overcome with a feeling of relief. Sand, rocks, hills—the whole landscape was tinted with the same shade of orange as the sky.” ― Jasmin Darznik
- “Desert beauty was ‘sublime’ in the way that the romantic poets had used the word, not peaceful dales but rugged mountain faces, not reassuring but daunting nature, the earth’s skin and haunches, its spines and angles arching prehistorically in sunlight.” ― Julene Bair
- “It is easier to accept the message of the stars than the message of the salt desert. The stars speak of man’s insignificance in the long eternity of time; the desert speaks of his insignificance right now.” ― Edwin Way Teale
- “We all have our own deserts. That may not be the same as my desert, but we all have to cross them to find a purpose in life and be free.” ― Yeonmi Park
- “I have always loved the desert. One sits down on a desert sand dune, sees nothing, hears nothing. Yet through the silence, something throbs, and gleams…” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Wander in Desert Quotes
- “I would not sacrifice a single living mesquite tree for any book ever written. One square mile of living desert is worth a hundred ‘great books’ – and one brave deed is worth a thousand.” ― Edward Abbey
- “Take care that the voice of God and the Devil sound one in the same in the desert. Trust your instincts. You were not put on this earth to be naïve, blindly optimistic, or passive; you are here to be vigilant, to survive.” ― M.B. Dallocchio
- “The desert wears… a veil of mystery. Motionless and silent, it evokes in us an elusive hint of something unknown, unknowable, about to be revealed. Since the desert does not act it seems to be waiting — but waiting for what?” ― Edward Abbey
- “Your will is free means: it was free when it wanted the desert, it is free since it can choose the path that leads to crossing the desert, it is free since it can choose the pace, but it is also unfree since you must go through the desert, unfree since every path in labyrinthine manner touches every foot of the desert’s surface.” ― Franz Kafka
- “No man can live this life and emerge unchanged. He will carry, however faint, the imprint of the desert, the brand which marks the nomad; and he will have within him the yearning to return, weak or insistent according to his nature. For this cruel land can cast a spell which no temperate clime can match.” ― Wilfred Thesiger
Hope in Desert Quotes
- “I am convinced now that the desert has no heart, that it presents a riddle which has no answer, and that the riddle itself is an illusion created by some limitation or exaggeration of the displaced human consciousness.” ― Edward Abbey
- “I had to clear up my messy life. By letting go of the debris and filth, I have come to a deeper, more soulful beauty and clarity like an oasis in the desert.” ― Sharon E. Rainey
- “Time has a way of burying things, shifting like the desert and swallowing entire civilizations, erasing them from map and memory. In the end, everything returns to dust.”― Jessica Khoury
- “In the desert you become a discoverer. You discover your soul, which had been submerged in vain pursuits, which had been lost in the coils and toils of modern life.” ― Ameen Rihani
Survival in Desert Quotes
- “The desert and the ocean are realms of desolation on the surface. Both worlds are deceptive, dangerous. Both, seething with hidden life. The only veil that stands between perceptions of what is underneath the desolate surface is your courage. Dare to breach the surface and sink.” ― Vera Nazarian
- “For all the toll the desert takes on a man it gives compensations, deep breaths, deep sleep, and the communion of the stars.” ― Mary Hunter Austin
- “This was the desert, everything all at once, whether it was needed or not. What survived had learned to save, live carefully, and keep a low profile, even appear to be dead for long periods. Perseverance and patience.”― James Anderson
- “The desert could not be claimed or owned–it was a piece of cloth carried by winds, never held down by stones, and given a hundred shifting names… Its caravans, those strange rambling feasts and cultures, left nothing behind, not an ember. ”― Michael Ondaatje
- “Simplicity is the heart of everything. If you look to the desert, apparently the desert is very simple but it’s full of life, it’s full of hidden places and the beauty is that it looks simple but it’s complex in the way that it expresses the soul of the world or God.” ― Paulo Coelho
- “Alone in the silence, I understand for a moment the dread which many feel in the presence of primeval desert, the unconscious fear which compels them to tame, alter or destroy what they cannot understand, to reduce the wild and prehuman to human dimensions. Anything rather than confront directly the antehuman, that other world which frightens not through danger or hostility but in something far worse – its implacable indifference.” ― Edward Abbey
“In wildness is the preservation of the world. As explorers, we are nature-loving creatures. We love to explore nature, whether it is a waterfall, mountain ranges, sun rise, sun set or even desert. The unique and varied beauty of the desert has always fascinated us.
For some, desert is an escape from the hustle and bustle of life. It is an opportunity to reflect on life and to find stillness. You must have found fabulous desert quotes, desert sayings and streams in the desert quotes in this article for nature lovers.
Hope you enjoyed these desert quotes, please also read other nature related quotes in this article.