Emmylou Harris Quotes: Emmylou Harris is a legendary singer-songwriter known for her distinctive voice, storytelling abilities, and contributions to the country, folk, and American genres.
Throughout her long and successful career, she has shared a wealth of insights and wisdom on music, creativity, and life in general. In this collection of Emmylou Harris quotes, we will explore some of her most memorable and inspiring words, which offer a glimpse into the mind and heart of one of the most respected and beloved artists of our time.
Emmylou Harris Quotes
- “Music’s always been a big part of my life, but it’s not my whole life. My family is the center of my life.”
- “I think music can heal people.”
- “I’m just a singer-songwriter. I’m not an expert on anything, but I have opinions.”
- “I’m always striving to do something better, to be a better musician, a better singer, a better songwriter.”
- “My dad was a big influence on me. He played guitar and sang, and I grew up hearing him play.”
- “There’s something about singing with other people that’s so powerful.’
- “I like to think that my music is about hope and healing.”
- “I don’t think you have to be a genius to write great songs. You just have to be yourself.”
- “I’m not interested in being a star. I just want to make great music.”
- “I think music has the power to connect people in a way that nothing else can.”
- “I don’t think there’s anything more powerful than a great song.”
- “I try to stay true to myself and make music that’s meaningful to me.”
- “I think music has the power to change people’s lives.”
- “I’m always learning, always trying to get better at what I do.”
- “I love collaborating with other musicians. There’s always something new to learn.”
- “I think music is a universal language that speaks to everyone.”
- “I think the best songs are the ones that come from the heart.”
- “I love playing live. There’s nothing like the energy of a live show.”
- “I think music is a great way to express yourself and connect with others.”
- “I think it’s important to keep pushing yourself and trying new things.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Emmylou Harris famous for?
Who is Emmylou Harris husband?
Emmylou Harris has been married three times. Her first marriage was to songwriter Tom Slocum in 1969, but the couple divorced in 1970. She then married producer Brian Ahern in 1977, and the two collaborated on several of her most successful albums. They had one child together, a daughter named Meghann, but they divorced in 1984.
In 1985, Harris married Paul Kennerley, a British musician and songwriter who had worked with her on several projects. They remained married until 1993. Since then, Harris has not remarried, but she has continued to make music and tour regularly.
Who discovered Emmylou Harris?
Emmylou Harris was discovered by country-rock pioneer Gram Parsons in the early 1970s. Parsons was a fan of Harris’s music and invited her to join his band, The Fallen Angels, as a vocalist. Harris initially declined the offer but later changed her mind after Parsons convinced her to come to Los Angeles to record with him.
The two went on to record two influential albums together, “GP” and “Grievous Angel,” before Parsons passed away in 1973. Harris continued to pursue a solo career, and her collaboration with Parsons helped establish her as a rising star in the country and folk music scenes.
Is Red Dirt Girl Based on a True Story?
Yes, “Red Dirt Girl” is based on a true story. The song was written by Emmylou Harris and inspired by the life of her childhood friend, a woman named Lorena, who grew up in a small town in Oklahoma.
The lyrics of the song reflect the struggles and challenges faced by Lorena and other women like her, who often face hardship and heartbreak in their lives. In an interview with NPR, Harris said the song was an attempt to honor Lorena’s story and pay tribute to the strength and resilience of women who persevere in the face of adversity. The song “Red Dirt Girl” is also the title track of Harris’s Grammy-winning album, which was released in 2000.
Who is the founder of Black Opry?
Grand Ole Opry, which is a famous weekly country music stage concert that has been broadcast live on the radio since 1925. The Grand Ole Opry has hosted many legendary country music artists over the years and has become a cultural institution in the United States. However, it’s important to note that the Grand Ole Opry has faced criticism in the past for its lack of diversity, and there have been calls for greater representation of black artists and other artists of color in the country music industry.
Emmylou Harris is not only an incredibly talented musician, but also a wise and thoughtful individual. Her words of wisdom on music, creativity, and life in general have inspired countless fans and fellow artists alike over the years. From her insights on the power of storytelling to her reflections on the importance of staying true to oneself, Harris’s quotes are a testament to her deep humanity and her unwavering commitment to her art. Whether you’re a music lover or simply seeking some inspiration, there’s no doubt that you’ll find something meaningful and uplifting in these Emmylou Harris quotes.
Emmylou Harris is a legendary singer-songwriter who has inspired and touched the hearts of millions with her soulful music and insightful words. Her quotes reflect her passion for life, music, and the world around her. From the importance of staying true to oneself, to the value of perseverance and hard work, her words are a testament to her strength and wisdom.
Whether you’re a fan of her music or not, her quotes are a source of inspiration and motivation for anyone looking to live a fulfilling life. As she once said, “Music is a tool that can change hearts and minds.” And, through her music and words, she has done just that.
Best Taylor Swift Quotes about Friendship to Choose the Right One
Best Harry Styles Quotes | Harry Styles Inspirational Quotes